Monday, May 12, 2008

Homework Happiness (A little sarcasm)

I SWORE I would keep this positive. But how can one blog on the joys of motherhood without a mention of homework? I have to wonder- when I was a classroom teacher, did I torture parents in this way? There is no truer test of a mother's need for wine than a good ole evening of homework. I have noticed this reverse correlation: The more creative the assignment, the less "bonding". (Read between the lines: Do you really think the five year old is planning the craft follow-up activity for the buddy in pre-school?) Well- enough on that. Of course I am grateful that my children can do homework and that we have a kitchen table to do it at. In fact we even have a luxury I never enjoyed during my homework days- an electric pencil sharpener. I used to have to go down to the garage to sharpen my pencil- I can just imagine if the poor cherubs had to walk down the stairs to a manual pencil sharpener every time the point broke!
Well- dinner is almost ready. My husband is slaving away at the stove. (Translation: J is stopping at the pizza store on the way home from work.)

No comments: