Friday, November 7, 2008

The Mommy Decade

All who know me well, know my obsession with planning is a bit over the top. But sometimes I just can't help it- I am always thinking of the next trip. The older children get, the more parents seem to say- it goes so fast. Laurel will soon turn 8- that means in a decade I will have an official adult and another almost-adult. So I think this next decade will fly. And I want to enjoy as much of it as possible with my family. I will have the rest of my life after that to tidy the shelves and sort through junk. But for now I want to enjoy this "window of opportunity" to enjoy my children while they still have the time and desire to hang with mom and dad. I am really excited for this decade. It will probably make up some of the most exciting and interesting parts of my life.

No comments: