Sunday, December 27, 2015

It's the Little Things

Merry Christmas to everyone.  I hope you had a nice holiday season.  As I was trying to think of what to get my loved ones for the holidays, I was struggling.  There are many things I love about having teenagers, but I have to admit buying legos and doll clothes was a lot easier than shopping for teenagers.  But I tried to find some little surprises they would like.  And it turns out while I am sure they would have gladly loved to get a $600 iPhone- they were still filled with joy to receive some gifts from the heart.  Usually after they open their presents I ask them to pick their top three gifts and pose for a photo.  Laurel took no time to grab the popcorn maker, a bottle of kernels and some snazzy leggings for her picture and Owen grabbed Harry Potter postage stamps, Deep Space book and some Lego Brick Greek Myths and Fairy Tales.  So again I am reminded that it is the little things that really matter.

No comments: