Thursday, June 27, 2013

Robbins Family Awards Night

I read about this idea in a magazine and I thought it was a good way to celebrate the end of a very successful school year for Laurel and Owen. The magazine said to do an awards night along the line of school awards nights. I kept it simple.
Owen got this award: Read more than the librarian award. He really did- he read the entire Greggor Overland series, entire Maximum Ride series, at least two dozen other books- including The Hobbit with Justin and the new Diary of a Wimpy Kid book, new Origami Yoda book and the start of the Infinity Ring series.
Laurel got this award: Making the Nicest Friends award.... She is a natural and already has more of a social life in Colorado than I do. I know at this age friends can hold a lot of weight. I am so impressed that she not only made many more friends than I have. But she also picks such nice friends for all the right reasons. Please, let this be a lasting talent:)

After we awarded the certificates we celebrated with a trip for ice cream. They really appreciated the recognition and celebrated the end of their first school year in a new state.

Then I took the awards one step further. I told them they had the weekend to come up with three summer goals: One Academic, one Physical and one Family contribution goal. Below is a screen shot of what we came up with. We will check in each week to see how we all are progressing!

1 comment:

Karen Lakis said...

What a great idea - it's good to hear they're doing well!