Thursday, June 20, 2024

Summer Solstice

Today is the longest day of the year- lots of light and I feel like I am coming out of darkness. Here are some reminders for me and anyone else who might need it: 

1. Make Connections- Loneliness is a bad road to stay on. When you reach out you will be surprised how much compassion and understanding there is in this world. If you are not feeling it, expand your circle. Take a risk and find some new connections. 

 2. My peace cannot rely of the peace of others- If I can't control it, let it go. This is MUCH harder than it sounds and I still have a long way to go but this is basically the serenity prayer: Accept what I cannot change, Courage to change what I can and the Wisdom to know the difference. There are things I can control and things I can't control. I need to find joy in the life I can control and let go of the rest. 

3. Be Present- Find small joys everyday. The small joys will become a habit even in tough times. 

 4. Do something for others every single day. If we all could follow this tip the world would be so much better. It helps you and helps others at the same time. 

5. Embrace the unknown 

6. Break the freeze habit- release the tension. For years my default has been to hold it in. Here is my new strategy: MELT

Meet myself and others with love 

Everything is unfolding 

Live in the moment 

Take a deep breath 

7. Have hope- lean into positive words: Trust, Peace, Acceptance, Calm, Love, Awareness, Hope, Honesty, Non-judgement, Blessings, Faith

No comments: