Saturday, August 1, 2026
Learning How to Mosey
This has been an interesting summer. I have be learning the art of the mosey. I used to hike fast and track my rate per mileage. I would aim for under 25 minutes per mile on strenuous hikes. I would train for long, double digit hikes that would take much of the day. In October I got a virus and have not been the same since. We still have not figured out the solution but in the meantime I have not been able to hike. So now we go to trailheads and I do what I call a mosey. We walk slowly and stop often to identify trees or listen to birds. What is most interesting is that I have grown to love this kind of hiking with no goal and no destination. We go as far as I can and then turn around and head back just as slowly. Justin has been really supportive of this new kind of nature bathing. He has spent a lot of time studying trees and learning more about the native flora.
Now that I have found the joy in slow hiking I am going to try to slow down all aspects of my life. Faster does not mean better. I will need to retrain after rushing so much. But I am looking forward to what my slower paced life will look like.
Here are a few of my pics from favorite times outside this summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment