Monday, December 31, 2012

....and a happy new year!

Time flies when you are having fun so I guess this vacation would be called awesome based on the lightening speed this vacation has gone. We got out of school on 12/18. Way back then it felt like this break would be an eternity! On Wednesday l and o went to Crackpots to create some gifts to mail to loved ones. Then that Thursday they had their first full day ski lesson on Eldora Mountain. We are so glad we signed them up for this lesson. It was amazing how much they can learn when being taught by the experts! Once the weekend arrived Justin also began vacation. On Sunday we headed back to Eldora for some more skiing. And just like that it was Christmas Eve. I worked hard to make a tasty batch of my Mom's lasagna. We enjoyed some yummy appetizers and then we went to a candlelight service. We walked out of church to see the ground covered with fluffy snow. When we came home we opened some gifts while dinner heated up. We all settled into bed by ten pm. On Christmas morning I got a Breakfast casserole in the oven and then we enjoyed opening some gifts. Laurel wrote me a beautiful note and Owen gave me this great mirror locket with Paris artwork on it. I also love the book Justin bought me- Ramble Colorado. We headed over to our friends' house around three. There we enjoyed great company, games and a delicious ham dinner.

The day after Christmas we went to see The Hobbit. Laurel also had her first babysitting job. Justin and I met with a realtor several times to prepare an offer on a home.... Time will tell what comes of that. Thursday I bought the one thing I said I was going to do when the house sold- good hiking boots. We also did the one thing Justin wanted when the house sold- Going out for a big steak. On Friday we took a family ski trip to Eldora. We were not the only ones with that idea! The single digit weather did not keep the crowds away and seats in the lodge were much harder to come by than seats on the chair lift.

So already that brings us up to our last weekend of break. To start, L had her first ukulele lesson. Then we enjoyed one of her Christmas gifts- a traditional tea party. This weekend we went to see another movie I was psyched for from the first time I saw the preview- Les Mis. It did not disappoint. Every time I go to Boulder I find something new to love.
For New Year's Eve we will enjoy some cheese fondue followed by chocolate fondue and board games. Then it will be time to start working on some New Years resolutions..... Two of which I know will be more exercise and move into a new home.

1 comment:

Jennifer Cifrodella said...

I LOVE this pic of you and Justin. Best shot of you both!