Sunday, July 8, 2012

7/7 The Journey Begins

The car is packed with all road trip accessories... Playlists, snacks, magazines and an old fashioned map to follow along on. We will be driving Justin's new HondaCRV. After twelve years he traded in his Accord for a new car only to have me take it out to Colorado! The problem is that our Sienna tows the pop-up and I did not quite feel ready to bring the camper all the way out west since I have only ever driven that home from the gas station and that k-turn alone took thirty minutes. (TY JC) Day one stats: Left Denville at 6:19am. I am not kidding when I tell you someone was hungry before we even got on route 80. We made three stops and arrived in Wauseon, OH at about 4pm. We traveled 550 miles and filled up with gas twice. Snacks of choice: Owen-Slim Jim's, Laurel- Sun chips. Both ate bottle caps candy. Activities that kept us busy: Owen watched Men in Black, Laurel read Yikes magazine. We also listened to a lot of music and tried to think of spoof names for fast food restaurants (inspired by mommy's tales of HB's nicknames for places on our VA road trip.) So we came up with Burper King, FatBurper, Taco Hell, Whimpy's and Waffle Mouse. When we arrived at the Best Western it was 103 degrees so we all gladly hopped in the pool for awhile. Then we enjoyed a Mexican Dinner at The Grasshopper. After dinner we watched the documentary titled Happy. It is about just what makes people happy- kind of fits in with this theme of the Robbins Colorado Adventure (we hope!)btw Laurel says hi. All in all it was a perfect first day and L & O both get an A+ for cooperation.

3 comments:

Jennifer Cifrodella said...

Ha ha love the Fast food "new names" I will have Jordan draw some signs. We have been enjoying Wacky Packs - remember those? Julie needed explanation of Cutz (utz) razor thin chips...band aides galore. Thanks for the update and keep them coming. We are reading together and enjoying!

Joanna said...

If it took you 30 min for a k-turn, I would still be working on it!

mommyreader said...

Lol Joanna..... I can't elieve how LOST I get out here. Can't even imagine f I was dragging the camper with me everywhere. But hopefully I will catch on soon.