Monday, July 16, 2012

Final Days of the Adventure Pt One

Thanks to Laurel for her update the other day. I was hoping she would continue with her updates but it looks like you are all back to boring me :). So here is what is new so far. First off, I woke up Sunday morning feeling much better. I think I just did not stay hydrated enough and I had a really bad headache. Yesterday morning we returned to Sandstone Ranch again- one of many parks in Longmont. The children played for hours and I loved the people watching of happy families biking and playing. After that we headed over to our reward for four nights of tent camping far away from the bathrooms- Holiday Inn Express for a day of swimming and laundry and air conditioning. Then we went over to BBQ with the Lary family. It was so much fun to hang with old friends and meet new ones. L&o had fun entertaining the younger crowd.
Today we mostly did chores. I got a few basic cleaning supplies at target and we headed back to our apartment so we could store the car in a garage there. Then we took a lengthy shuttle process to get closer to the airport for our flight tomorrow.
All in all it was a great time with Laurel and Owen. I feel much less scared than I did a week ago- during this time we found somewhere to live for the short term, we know which schools to regster l&o fr and I also heard good news about my license. Not only did I get approved for elementary teacher and k-12 school librarian but I will also be certified to teach high school social studies! But of course it still is not 100% because I am STILL waiting for my fingerprints to be approved. I have no idea why this takes so long but I can assure you my fingerprints have no history and hopefully this means my offer will become official soon.
Most important I am grateful that laurel, Owen and I have ad a great time bonding with many laughs. I do not think we could have picked a better time for this trip if I had actually planned it. They are at a great age for this kind of road trip. The only thing that would have made it better would be if Justin was here with us. But absence makes the heart grow fonder and we all can't wait to hug him at the airport tomorrow night!
So tomorrow we head back to NJ and there will not be much blogging for a couple weeks. I will mostly be packing and catching up with people before we become official residents of Colorado.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been following along with your blog. You are on quite a journey. Have a safe flight tomorrow. - Diane Hainzl

mommyreader said...

THANKS Diane- We got home safe. Now it is time to pack, pack, pack! ENjoy the summer. I am sure you are finding fun things to do.