Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 3

Happy Birthday Ben! This was our longest day (650 miles) but Laurel and Owen once again came shining through with perfect behavior... And I am not just saying that... You all know that I am honest and would tell you how it really is! We left Marion, Iowa at 7:20 in the morning. It is a good thing we got an early start because we did not get to Ogallala, NE until 11 hours later! So here are some thoughts about today: My two favorite road sights for today were the HUGE tires that were on an top of an 18 wheeler flatbed. These tires were scary big. To contrast big with small, we saw the cutest camper being hauled by a motorcycle. It looked like a place for smurfs to camp in. If the photo came out I will add later. We stopped at a Cracker Barrel as a little break. I told L&O that I would give them each ten dollars for an activity for the car. Laurel chose a mind bender book and Owen choose a yo-yo. They had never been to a Cracker Barrel before and they had fun looking at everything and stretching our legs a little. This was the first time we came across 75MPH signs. Unfortunately so much of Rt80 in NE is being paved, much of the time we had to go 55 or slower.... But the newly paved sections were nice. The most common Gas station for this stretch was called Kum and Go. I just could not bring myself to go there and always held out for a familiar BP even if I still am mad at them for the oil spill in the gulf. Well I know this is not very interesting or well written but hopefully now that the hard part of the drive is over I can focus on better blog updates! So excited to arrive in Longmont by lunch today!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

I should have given you Danson's address in Iowa so you could stop in & give him a hug for us.

mommyreader said...

He is not in Cedar Rapids, is he? That is where my friend lives.